Sunday 6 December 2009


Whilst in my tutorial on Friday I was shown a beautiful concertina book, it was named "A Little Book of Illustrations from the novel This Crippled Flesh" by Alice Smith, a graduate MA Design & Art Direction student from MMU. I love the styling of her illustrations, they are very individual and tackle the subject matter in an outspoken way.

The book was beautifully made, I should have taken a photogrpah of it at the time. Although it was the imagery that caught my eye, the typography was beautifully designed as well, it was not too eye catching that it took away from her beautiful images but it could stand it's own ground on the pages.

Overall, a lovely book that was so well made it gives me something to work towards.

http://www.alice-wonderland.net/

x

No comments:

Post a Comment